I'm a little late in talking about our weekend.... o well, better late than never! This past weekend Justin's best friend from high school got married. So Friday we went to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Ok, actually Justin went to the rehearsal and Kendall and I just met everyone at the restaurant!! Kendall really doesn't do quiet right now so we thought it would be best if we skipped the actual rehearsal!! Justin was the best man. Part of being the best man, means that he will get up and say a toast at the reception. Well, my husband does NOT do public speaking. So Saturday morning Justin and I went over his speech a hundred times. Justin rewrote the thing three times and then I rewrote it one more time. Overall, we worked about three hours on his speech. He was prepared, it was going to be a great speech!!
But before he could say his speech, it was time for the wedding. Since Kendall can be a bit restless at times, I thought it would be better if we got to the church at the last minute and just sneak into the last row. Well, by the time I actually got there, the groomsmen were already lined up and the bridesmaids were walking down the isle. As we snuck in the church, Kendall caught sight of her daddy and yelled "Da, Da!!" at the top of her lungs. There were three young boys sitting in front of us and Kendall kept waving and blowing kisses at them. She also kept rubbing their daddy's arm. Her coloring book and crayons distracted her for a while until she started noticing kids leaving the church with their parents. So being the social butterfly that she is, Kendall waved and said "bye bye" to each one of them as loud as she could. Then she looked at me and said "come on, lets go" and so we did. Luckily there were speakers in the foyer so I could listen to the ceremony!
After the wedding came time for the reception and the much anticipated speech. Justin wasn't sure when we was supposed to say it, so he asked the matron of honor about it. After a little discussion and confusion, it was decided that there weren't going to be any speeches. Apparently the trend is to give the speeches at the rehearsal dinner...who new??? Justin still has his note cards and he does plan on giving them to James and Lindy to read!! I didn't take a single picture but it was a beautiful wedding!!
Sunday, I help host a baby shower for my friend Amy. I was in charge of the punch and games/prizes. Even though I spilled the punch all over the game pieces about 10 minutes before guests were to arrive, the shower turned out great!! All I have to say is thank goodness for hot garages!
Kendall had two rough nights earlier this week and then spiked a temperature yesterday. I took her to the doctor and sure enough she has an ear infection. She is back on ear drops and antibiotics. I hate it when my baby is sick but I can say she is the happiest sick child I have ever seen!
I hope everyone is enjoying their week and getting ready for a long weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment