Sunday, December 4, 2011

Oh the things she says....

You never quite know what a 2 year old is going to say, and Kendall is no different. Kendall is not only repeating every thing she hears, she is VERY good at using those words in the right context. I have been debating on whether or not I should blog everything, but then I thought why not?!?! It's a fact of life and I know that every child will say certain words at one time or another!!

Without further ado....

1. We have had an issue with Kendall using little phrase, "Oh S#@!" Whenever she spills or drops something, out comes those two little words. We have tried everything to get her to stop!! For a while she seemed to stop so I thought we were in the clear. I was wrong!! Kendall was helping unload the dishwasher when I ran my leg into the door. I mumbled "dammit" and she turned to me and said "No, Mommy, it's not dammit. It's Oh S#@%!!). Needless to say we had a little talk in which I explained we were both wrong for saying those words!!

2. Last week I had my friend's daughter, Miss Amber, come and watch Kendall for me while I went out for a couple of hours. When I got home Miss Amber told me she tried everything to get Kendall to take a bath and she just refused. As I was taking Kendall to her room, she woke up and asked about her bath. When I asked her why she wouldn't take a bath while Miss Amber was here, she very seriously said, "Mom, I needed my privacy." I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that one!!

3. Along with the S word, Kendall has been saying "stop it" a lot lately and saying it in a real mean way, so I told her that wasn't a nice thing to say to people. Because of her teachers at school, she also says "go aggies" a lot. Her daddy and I make it clear that we don't say go aggies, we say Go Red Raiders!! Well at bath time recently, she splashed some water over the edge and of course she yelled, "Oh S...". When I told her we don't say that, she replied very seriously: "That's right Mommy. We no say no s..., no stop it, and no go aggies".

No comments:

Post a Comment