Friday evening we met Justin's parents at Olive Garden to celebrate Mother's Day with them. We had a wonder meal and enjoyed each other's company.
On Sunday we met my parents at their Church in Houston.
We then went out to eat for Mexican food! As we were waiting for our bill, my older brother held up this giant (and I mean giant) jalapeno pepper and proceeded to dare me $50 to eat it.
There were some terms:
1. I had to eat the entire thing and had to show him that it was all gone!
2. I could not have anything to drink for two minutes afterwards.
Now let me just say that I don't like real spicy food and I especially don't like jalapenos! So what did I do?
Of course I took his bet!
It was the longest two minutes of my life and I have never drank so much water or milk at one time!!
After it was all done, I looked over at my mom and said, "Aren't you glad you raised two very mature adults!?!?"
And let me just tell you, it wasn't until about noon today that I felt back to normal!!
I had a wonderful weekend being with my family and daughter! It couldn't get much better!
Wonder why Kendall is in her pajamas??
Kendall was in bed and Justin and I were watching TV debating on who was going to get us something to eat. I mentioned it was Mother's Day and all of a sudden he jumped from the couch and said "We didn't do your Mother's Day gifts!!" We had planned on doing my Mother's Day with just the three of us. I guess with all the hustle and bustle of the day we had both forgotten about it!
Kendall had been in bed for about 20 minutes so he ran to her room, got her to "sign" the card and they came out with my gift!!
I got Kendall to take a picture with me and then she climbed off my lap, turned around and said, "Kendall going back to bed!" Then she walked back to her room, shut the door and climbed back into her bed! It was SO cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment