Today over on Kelly's Corner the topic for "Show us your Life" is Marriage proposals. This may be boring to most of you, but here is our story!
It was Easter Sunday, April 16th, 2006. Justin and I had been dating for three months. Yes, I said three months!! I had been up all night the night before at clinical, so I had Justin meet me at my apartment that morning so I wouldn't fall asleep instead of getting ready for Church!! We were about to leave, and as I was applying my lip gloss I noticed Justin was getting something out of his bag. I was reaching for the door when he asked me if I wanted my Easter card now. Now, as you all know I can't wait for anything, especially if it concerns a gift for me!! So naturally I said yes, plopped on the couch and started to rip open the card. Inside of it was a newspaper article. Our conversation went like this:
Lauren: This is an article about my papa. Where did you get this:
Justin: I can't reveal my sources.
Lauren: This article came from the Amarillo newspaper. (We were living in Lubbock at the time) Who do you know in Amarillo?
Justin: Your grandma
Lauren: You know my grandma? When did you meet my grandma?
Justin: When I went there to ask your dad and brother permission to marry you.
Lauren: What?? Wait, I'm confused, what???
**Justin is getting of the couch and getting on one knee**
Lauren: Justin Mack, are you for real? I mean really, are you for real??
**Justin is grinning from ear to ear and holding the most beautiful ring**
Lauren: No, Justin I mean seriously, are you for real??
**Justin shaking and having a worried look on his face**
Justin: Soooo, is that a yes??
Lauren: O my gosh...yes, I mean yes. It's a yes!!
Justin and I then ate doughnuts by my pool and called our parents and I called my soon-to-be bridesmaids. We then went to Church. Needless to say we were so excited that we couldn't help but keep staring at my ring and smiling. I may have been giggling too!!
We have been married for three years and together for four. It has been the most amazing time in my life. I can't wait for the next forty!!
2025 Recap
8 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment