Today on Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life Friday, the theme is working moms. I thought I would share a little about my life as a working mother.
I am a surgical nurse at a local hospital. I have been working there for the last five years. I absolutely love being a nurse, especially working in the OR. I am the nurse that goes to get the patient and takes him to the surgery home. I then help anesthesia put the pt to sleep, position and prep the patient. The most important part of my job is that I'm the patient's advocate while they are in my room. Even though the OR can get really intense at times, I love my job.
Now for my take as a working mom. I feel both proud and guilty of working. I'm proud that I am able to contribute to our family while taking care of Kendall, maintaining the house, and cooking. Though there are times when I lack on the cleaning and cooking part!! I am proud that I am showing my daughter that you can work outside the home and still be a good mommy.
I do deal with a lot of guilt. I still feel guilty in the mornings when I drop Kendall off at school. But it does my heart good to know that she is being well taken care of and she loves her friends at school. I also am dealing with bitterness. Justin and I have struggled to find a Church that we really like and I think I am a lot to do with that. Let me explain: I have been wanting to do a Beth Moore Bible study for forever, and I would also love to be part of the MOPS group. However, at every Church that we have attended, they only offer bible studies on a weekday morning and the MOPS group only meets on weekday mornings as well. I feel like the Church isn't thinking about their working moms. Just because we work every day, it doesn't mean that we don't need spiritual and fellow mommy support.
My days during the week are very full and very long (they begin at 4:30am and end around 9:30 or 10:00pm) but I love my life. I am thankful I have such an amazing family to support me and love me. This post is me just being honest about my feelings, so I hope I don't offend anyone or sound to ungrateful!!
2025 Recap
8 months ago

I found your blog on Kelly's Korner and I also am a working mom who happens to be a nurse as well. I feel the same about wanting to join a MOPS group but unfortunately can't go consistently. Where are you from??? I live in Colorado Springs.
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Kelly's Korner, too. I hear you sister! Besides missing my girl while I'm gone, it makes me so sad that I can't join in with our local MOPS group. There is a real need for groups that fit into working parents' schedules. Just want to offer some encouragement and let you know you aren't alone.
ReplyDeletegreat post! and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment:) My Mom always reminds me it's not how much time you spend with them, it's what you do with that time you do have! I know how you feel it is TOUGH and I just wish we could all have four day weekends! thanks for sharing too and nice to meet you....
ReplyDeleteLouise! xxx
Hi from the blog hop!
ReplyDelete