Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Last month I bought the cutest Valentines shirt from Gymboree (60% off!) and two matching bows (that cost more than the shirt) for Kendall to wear to school for her Valentines Party. I had this image in my head of my darling little girl wearing her shirt, with her hair in pig tails and big bows, and sparkly shoes. I was then going to take a picture of my darling little Valentine and send it to her daddy.....

Well, reality hit me hard this morning. First Kendall didn't want to wear her jeans, nor her special Valentine shirt. After I convinced her to wear her shirt, I went to do her hair. When she realized her hair was going in pig tails, she threw a huge fit. But that fit did not compare to the one she threw when I tried to but her bows/ribbons in!!! Oh, and she refused to stand up until I took off her sparkly shoes and put on her tennis shoes!!!

So that picture perfect picture I had in my head turned out like this....
 The only way I could get her to calm down and "smile" for a picture was to promise that I would take her bows out before we left for school....
And since she wouldn't stand up, you can't even see the expensive bows!!!

Oh, well...the lesson I learned is that you don't need to have a picture perfect outfit and smile to have a perfect little Valentine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment