I know, quite the jump!! But I should mention that his dad has been a fireman for 20 years so Justin has definitely been exposed to the life as a fireman.
To do this Justin first needed to be an EMT. It was best for our family for him to continue working at his current job, so he would work full time during the day and then come home and study at night. There were many days he would get up at 5am and then not to bed until midnight that night. He did all of this without complaining! He knew what he needed to do and just did it.
He finished with his EMT schooling at the end of May and has now started his fire school. He will be completed with that in mid August.
To get more experience on the medical side, he quit his job in agriculture and joined the St. Joseph EMS. Today was his first day. He is so excited and I'm so excited and proud of him.
His new schedule is 24 hours on and 48 hours off. It's going to take a little organization to work out his schedule with my on-call schedule, but I know we will make it work!!
Isn't he handsome??
I just love a man in a uniform!!

No comments:
Post a Comment