Saturday, February 5, 2011

Foods the Mack's Eat:

Kelly at Kelly's Corner is hosting Show Us Your Life Fridays and this week's topic is what your kids eat. I know, I'm one day late but I thought I would share anyway!!

April 2010

Meats:  Kendall is getting a lot better about meats. She loves steak and sausage! She will eat chicken but it has to be mixed with something else. She does love turkey deli meat. She loves to have it for a snack after school.

Fruits:  This is by far Kendall's favorite food group. She would eat nothing but fruit every day if I would let her! She loves oranges, grapes, strawberries, and peaches. Just recently she decided she liked bananas, but only if it is still in the peal. She won't touch it otherwise!! She loves applesauce but I'm trying her to eat fresh apples more.

Veggies: This is where it gets tough. She will eat green beans most days and sometimes corn. Her teachers at school tell me she likes broccoli, but Kendall hasn't shown me that yet!! I'm trying to incorporate more veggies into our meals and she has to eat at least one bite but usually that one bite is all the vegetable she eats!! When we go out to eat I just give her whatever I'm eating, so  a lot of times I'll order pasta with vegetables. I cut them up real small and mix them with the pasta. She tends to eat more of the veggies when I do it that way!

Breads: Kendall definitely takes after her mother is this category...she absolutely loves bread!! Whether it be tortillas, a slice of bread, or a muffin she will eat that first and ask for more!!

Snacks: She loves to have grapes for snacks. She also loves wheat thins, the vegetable Ritz crackers, cheese slices, yogurt, and granola.

July 2010

Other: Kendall also loves ravioli and oatmeal. She will ask for one or the other almost every day!! (She doesn't always get her way!!) She also loves pretty much any breakfast food: eggs, waffles, blueberry muffins. She loves milk!! She gets juice at school so I try to only give her milk and water here at home. Because of her heart condition, she can't have any caffeine. So I try to not have anything like that in the house. I do however still have my coffee in the morning!

Kendall is a very picky eater just like her parents were when they were kids. But I will say she is getting better and doesn't throw as many fits now at the dinner table!! We have the rule that everyone will eat the same meal and I really think that has helped her to try more foods!!

Jan 2011

1 comment:

  1. My daughter eats so much more at school than she does at home! Not sure how they do it!

    We haven't tried ravioli, that is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete