Monday, January 31, 2011

Our wonderful Honeymoon...four years in the making!!

In March Justin and I will be celebrating four years of marriage!! Because of our brand new jobs at the time, we didn't get to go on a true honeymoon when we got married. So last August we decided that it was about time we actually took one. Justin did some research and we booked a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!!

Now I'm not going to lie...I was pretty nervous about the trip. Especially the days before we were set to go. The Tuesday before we our trip, my grandfather passed away, Justin and I were both sick (I was throwing up all evening Thursday), and I was convinced that we were going to be kidnapped by drug gangs!

After much debate and talking with my grandma, we decided that we would still take our honeymoon. We definitely made the right decision. We spent four day and three nights there and it was amazing! It was high 70's during the day and I got a great tan! We enjoyed wonderful meals, and whale watching! But most importantly Justin and I got to have great conversations and just enjoyed being in each other's company!!

We stayed at the Barcelo Hotel and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. It is only a couple of years old and it is absolutely beautiful! The staff is very attentive but not overbearing! We will definitely use them again when we return to Cabo!!
I hope you enjoy the pictures!!

View from the lobby


Another view from the lobby

About to lay by the pools!

The lobby (this pic was taken at night so it doesn't do the lobby justice!!)


The Pacific Ocean!


One of these boats is from Portland, Oregon!

Leaving the harbor to go find some whales!


Justin and I in front of the famous Cabo Arch




I did get a little sea sick! But the whale watching was amazing!





Dinner at one of the five star restaurants our last night in Cabo!


Our bathroom. If and when we build another house, our master bath will be
based around this bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment