Then I met my husband. He loves motorcycles and dirt bikes. He owned both. Thankfully he just recently sold the dirt bike!! Justin's dad likes loves them too! They both love to watch the dirt bikes races on TV and keep up with all the standings! Justin's dad actually races from time to time! Thankfully he hasn't broken a bone, yet!
Well, every year the dirt bike Supercross Racing competition makes a stop in Houston, TX. For the last two years, Justin and I, along with his parents, have gone to watch. I was not very excited the first time around to go but I knew Justin would love it, so we went. And let me just say that I had a lot of fun! It was very loud (thank God for earplugs), very dusty, and very fun!! I never thought that I would like watching dirt bike racing, but I do! In fact, I'm already looking forward to next year!
This is James Stewart. Apparently he is one of the big wigs. However, the night we watched him, he crashed (right in front of us) and didn't do so hot. He also has a reality show called Bubba's World. It's pretty good and makes me laugh. But don't tell my husband!!
So the moral of this post....remember to be open minded to new adventures! Someone may come into your life and show you something new, and you just may enjoy it. I still don't understand everything about the sport, but it is neat to watch sometimes. And I do like to watch Justin ride (when he is on a flat surface and isn't going full speed)!! But you will NOT ever see me ride. It's not because my husband hasn't tried. No, it's because I'm a mother and I think it would be really hard to chase a toddler around while wearing a body cast!!

No comments:
Post a Comment