It wasn't until the last semester of my senior year in high school, that I decided to attend Texas Tech. Actually, I had always thought I would attend Texas A&M or West Texas A&M University. But I knew I wanted to go into the medical field and be closer to home. So I went to TTU and have never regretted that decision! I loved everything about college and especially Lubbock and Tech. I grew up in a small town so having a mall, Target, and a movie theater all in the same town was amazing to me!! I learned how to drive in traffic, that it takes longer than three minutes to get across town, and to be independent and go out and make friends. I met some wonderful girlfriends that I still talk to today! And during my last year at Tech, I met my husband!!
Texas Tech will always have a special place in our hearts.
I hope one day I will be a Red Raider Mom!!
(Visiting from Kelly's Korner) I didn't go to Tech, but I grew up and graduated high school in Lubbock. I love that place. I'm glad you had such a great time there!
ReplyDeleteSaw your post on Kelly's Korner :)I went to Tech also! I too always wanted to go to A&M, and almost did but I wanted to be a nurse and couldn't imagine leaving A&M my junior year to go to a nursing school somewhere else. It was a great decision to go to Tech and I enjoyed my time there! I met great friends and had fun driving down to College Station to visit other friends. After graduating I met my husband who was an aggie, so it all worked out:)
ReplyDeleteI didn't go to Tech but my boyfriend did so we are die hard Red Raider fans in our house!
ReplyDeleteWreck 'em!
ReplyDeleteI found you through Kelly's Korner. I'm a junior at Tech this year and LOVE it!! :) I love your blog...your little girl is precious! Guns Up! :)
ReplyDeleteI am visiting from Kelly's Korner. I also graduated from Tech. Did you volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House by chance? You look very familiar. I was a volunteer coordinator there, right out of college.
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Kelly's Korner... I Know you but can't quite place you...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful family!
Go Tech!
Found you from Kelly's Korner!! I am a Red Raider too!!! LOVE me some LUBBOCK, TX!!!!!! I wish I still lived there!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLauren! I was reading Kelly's Korner and of course I skimmed for all of the Red Raiders on the list and yours was the first entry I came across -- I could not believe it when I saw that it was my pledge trainer :) I hope all is well for you; it looks like you are very happy, and oh my, that little girl of yours is precious. Take care!
ReplyDeleteChelsea (Stanley) Davis